Winter Park is a renowned ski resort located in the beautiful state of Colorado. Nestled in the Rocky Mountains, this resort offers a fantastic winter getaway for ski enthusiasts of all levels.
One of the key factors that sets Winter Park apart is its diverse terrain.
Need to know
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there are slopes and trails to suit your skill level. From gentle slopes for beginners to challenging black diamond runs for the more experienced, Winter Park has it all. Additionally, the resort boasts a variety of terrain parks and halfpipes for snowboarders and freestyle skiers to showcase their skills.
Another reason why Winter Park is so popular is its convenient location. Situated just 67 miles from Denver, it’s easily accessible for both locals and out-of-state visitors. This makes it a great option for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation.
Winter Park also offers a range of off-slope activities to keep visitors entertained. From snowshoeing and ice skating to snowmobiling and tubing, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. The resort also has a vibrant village area with shops, restaurants, and après-ski options, providing a lively atmosphere for relaxation and socializing after a day on the slopes.
In conclusion, Winter Park is a beloved ski resort in Colorado due to its diverse terrain, convenient location, and abundance of off-slope activities. Whether you’re a seasoned skier or a first-timer, this resort has everything you need for an unforgettable winter adventure.
Location and Access
Winter Park is a charming town nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. It is located just a short drive away from Denver, making it easily accessible for both locals and tourists alike.
- Approximately 2 hours from Denver International Airport
- Winter Park is accessible by the Winter Park Express train from Denver Union Station
- Approximately 2.5 hours drive from Colorado Springs Airport
About the Skiing
The ski resort boasts over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain, catering to all skill levels. From gentle slopes for beginners to challenging runs for advanced skiers, Winter Park has something for everyone. The resort also features six terrain parks, perfect for snowboarders looking to show off their skills.
One of the highlights of skiing at Winter Park is the stunning views. Surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains, skiers and snowboarders can enjoy panoramic vistas of snow-covered peaks and pristine forests. The resort’s high elevation also means that visitors can often experience clear blue skies and abundant sunshine.
Some of the skiing highlights at Winter Park include:
- Mary Jane Territory: Known for its steep and challenging runs, Mary Jane is a favorite among advanced skiers. It offers thrilling tree skiing and mogul fields, providing an adrenaline-pumping experience.
- Parsenn Bowl: This expansive bowl offers wide-open terrain and breathtaking views. Skiers can enjoy long, sweeping runs and carve their way down the mountain.
- Eagle Wind Territory: This area is perfect for those seeking a more secluded and adventurous skiing experience. With its steep chutes and gladed runs, Eagle Wind offers a thrilling and off-the-beaten-path skiing experience.
- Vasquez Ridge: This area is ideal for intermediate skiers, with its groomed runs and gentle slopes. It provides a great opportunity for skiers to improve their skills and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Winter Park Territory: This is the main area of the resort and offers a mix of terrain for all skill levels. From beginner-friendly slopes to challenging black diamond runs, Winter Park Territory has something for everyone.
Overall, Winter Park is a premier destination for skiing and snowboarding, offering a diverse range of terrain and stunning views. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, this resort has everything you need for an unforgettable winter sports experience.
Winter Park by Numbers
– Highest point in the ski area: 12,060 feet (3,676 meters)
– Resort level height: 9,000 feet (2,743 meters)
– Vert distance: 3,060 feet (933 meters)
– Total number of ski trails: 143
– Combined distance of ski trails: 3,081 acres
– Percentage of beginner trails: 20%
– Percentage of intermediate trails: 50%
– Percentage of expert trails: 30%
The lift ticket options and prices for a single day at Winter Park are as follows:
– Adult (ages 18-64): $139
– Child (ages 6-17): $89
– Senior (ages 65+): $119
– Child (ages 5 and under): Free with a paying adult
Please note that these prices are subject to change and it’s always best to check the official Winter Park website or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date information.
- Luxury Rentals: If you’re looking to splurge a bit and enjoy some luxury, Winter Park has got you covered. You can find some pretty fancy rentals that offer top-notch comfort and style. Check out Luxury Rentals in Winter Park Area.
- Vacation Homes: For those who prefer a homey vibe, there are vacation homes available. These are perfect if you’re traveling with family or a group of friends and want a bit more space. Explore Vacation Homes in Winter Park.
- Condos: Condos are a great option if you’re looking for something cozy and convenient. They’re ideal for smaller groups or couples. Check out Condos in Winter Park.
Dining and Après-Ski
Winter Park offers a variety of dining options to cater to different tastes and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a fine dining experience, there is something for everyone. These are some of the highlights:
- Durbar: Craving Indian? Durbar’s your spot. Located in Cooper Creek Square, they serve up authentic Indian and Nepalese dishes. Don’t miss their Chicken Tikka Masala and Garlic Cheese Naan!
- The Saloon: This is the new cool place in town. They’ve got a great mix of indoor and outdoor spaces, perfect for enjoying tasty food and cocktails.
- The Smokehouse BBQ: For meat lovers, this is heaven. They smoke their meats nightly, and the menu is packed with delicious options. Plus, they’ve got live music and beer on tap.
- Tabernash Tavern: Looking for a romantic dinner? This place is a bit off the beaten path but offers some of the best food and wine in the region. Their signature Paella is a must-try.
- Fraser Valley Distilling: This family-owned distillery and restaurant is great for tasting world-class spirits and enjoying a seasonal menu. Their Gin & Tonic is a hit!
- Hernandos: A classic pizza place in Winter Park, known for its cozy atmosphere and delicious Italian cuisine. You can even decorate your own dollar bill and staple it to the wall!
- Idlewild Distillery: A great spot for high-quality spirits and small-plate food. Their basement style gives it a speakeasy vibe. Don’t miss the Hibiscus Gin Mule.
- Sharky’s: A local favorite for breakfast and lunch. Their Eggs Benedict and Bloody Mary are a classic combo.
- Fontenot’s: Since 1990, they’ve been serving high-quality seafood and steaks with a Cajun flair. Their Gumbo is legendary.
- Casa Mexico: For the best Mexican food in town, head here. They’re known for their fresh, authentic ingredients and the best Margaritas.
- Pepe Osaka’s: This place offers a unique Japanese-Mexican fusion cuisine. Their Mex-asian fish tacos and handcrafted margaritas are a must-try.
- Randi’s Grill & Pub: They follow a “field to fork” mentality, offering local products. Great for watching your favorite game with a pint and tasty food.
- Pizza Pedal’r: A family-owned spot serving fresh, mountain-style pizza. They use locally sourced, high-quality ingredients.
For casual dining, you can find several restaurants and cafes that serve American comfort food, burgers, sandwiches, and pizza. These establishments provide a relaxed atmosphere and are perfect for families or those looking for a laid-back dining experience.
If you’re in the mood for something more upscale, Winter Park also has a selection of fine dining restaurants. These establishments offer a range of cuisines, including Italian, French, and contemporary American. They often feature locally sourced ingredients and provide a more refined dining experience.
After a day on the slopes, many visitors enjoy the vibrant apres ski scene in Winter Park. There are several bars and lounges where you can unwind and socialize with fellow skiers and snowboarders. These establishments often offer a wide selection of craft beers, cocktails, and wines. Some bars also feature live music or DJs, creating a lively atmosphere for apres ski celebrations.
In addition to bars, Winter Park also has apres ski options such as hot tubs and spas. These facilities provide a relaxing and rejuvenating experience, allowing you to unwind and soothe your muscles after a day of skiing or snowboarding.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Winter Parks offer a wide range of non-skiing activities for visitors to enjoy. Some popular options include:
- Coca Cola Tubing Hill: This is like sledding but way cooler. You get to zoom down four lanes of soft snow and then easily get back up the hill with conveyor belts. Plus, there’s a lodge where you can warm up with some hot cocoa.
- Snowshoeing: Ever thought about strapping tennis rackets to your feet for a snowy adventure? Well, snowshoes have come a long way since then, but the fun’s the same. You can rent snowshoes and explore trails like the Fraser River Trails.
- Snowmobiling with Grand Adventures: If you’re feeling daring, snowmobiling is a thrilling way to explore the snowy landscape. You can take a guided tour or rent equipment for your own adventure.
- Indoor Activities: Need a break from the cold? Check out the Cozens Ranch Museum in Fraser to learn about the area’s history. Or, if shopping’s more your thing, hit up local boutiques like Be…Boutique in Winter Park. For a tasty meal and margaritas, stop by the Ditch on 40.
- Stay Home and Play: Sometimes, the best winter activity is just chilling in a cozy vacation rental. Imagine sipping hot cocoa by the fire, making snow angels, or taking a lazy nap on a wintry day.
If you are considering a ski trip to Winter Park, you are in for an unforgettable experience. This complete guide has provided you with all the necessary information to make the most of your time at this incredible ski resort. From the breathtaking slopes and diverse terrain to the top-notch facilities and amenities, Winter Park offers something for everyone, whether you are a beginner or an expert skier. With its stunning natural beauty and friendly atmosphere, this resort promises endless fun and adventure. So, pack your bags, grab your skis, and get ready to create lifelong memories at Winter Park.